The key to successful investing like life itself is to have a deep understanding of RISK and REWARD. fans
I think this means UP is good and DOWN is BAD. People have very strange ideas about Success and Money. Focus your attention on Understanding RISK and everything will become clear.
Here are some of my favorite quotes on Wisdom, Money, and Risk. Enjoy!
1) Why not invest your assets in the companies you really like? As Mae West said: “Too much of a good thing can be wonderful.”
2) Wall Street people learn nothing and forget everything.
3) Most of the time, common stocks are subject to irrational and excessive price fluctuations in both directions as a result of the ingrained tendency of most people to speculate or gamble…to give way to hope, fear and greed.
4) “It is said that investment and speculation are two different things, and the prudent man is advised to dedicate himself to one and avoid the other. This is something like explaining to the troubled adolescent that Love and Passion are two different things He perceives that they are different, but not
they seem different enough to clarify their issues.
-Fred Schwed, Jr., where are the client yachts?
5) “If you don’t know who you are, the stock market is an expensive place to find out.”
6) “A loss never bothers me after taking it. I forget it overnight. But being wrong, not taking the loss,
that is what hurts the pocket and the soul ”.
7) “The stock doesn’t know you own it.”
-Adam Smith, The Money Game
8) “I would give $1000 to be a millionaire.” -Lewis Timberlake
9) “No, I’m in real trouble. First my laundromat called and said they lost my shirt and then my broker said the same thing.”
10) Money is a good servant but a bad master.
-Sir Francis Bacon
11) “Failure is success if we learn from it.”
-Malcolm S. Forbes
12) “Success is not final, failure is not fatal: what counts is the courage to continue.”
13) “There are two questions you have to answer to achieve wealth. What’s the worst thing that’s ever happened to you in the markets? OK. Now, what did you learn from that? You’ll find that most people will talk endlessly about the first one! However, silence on the second question will make you think you’ve lost your hearing!
-Harald Anderson Analyst at eOptionsTrader.com