The 3-day diet is a fad diet, that is, a weight loss diet that has quickly gained popularity, but in a time whose popularity has waned. It had been a well-known diet from 1985. The 3-day diet is a regulated diet plan that still exists in the texts and is practiced by some for rapid weight loss, lowering cholesterol, cleansing, and increasing levels. of energy. . It is purely a diet plan that does not recommend any type of exercise in conjunction with the diet.
The 3-day diet is often incorrectly referred to as the Cleveland Clinic Diet. This diet plan must be followed for exactly three consecutive days. This should be replaced by a normal diet for the next four to five days, after which the 3-day diet plan should be opted for again. Those who follow the 3 Day Diet plan are assured of losing up to 10 pounds in just three days. If you follow this diet for a month, you can lose up to 40 pounds in 30 days. However, it is a fact that the weight lost due to the 3 Day Diet is probably liquid weight and not fat weight.
A strict diet of the specified foods in the exact specified proportions should be followed when following the 3-Day Diet. Eating too much and too little in the specified amounts will deprive the dieter of the benefits of the 3-Day Diet.
Below is the 3-day diet meal plan.
For the first day
- Breakfast: Have a cup of black tea or black coffee, a single slice of toast with 2 tablespoons of peanut butter, and half a grape.
- Lunch: Have a piece of toast and a half cup of tuna.
- Dinner: Have two slices or about three ounces of any type of lean meat. One cup of beets, one cup of green beans, one apple (small), and one cup of vanilla ice cream (normal size).
For the second day
- Breakfast: Have an egg, half a banana, a piece of toast and a cup of tea or black coffee.
- Lunch: Have a half cup of tuna or cottage cheese and five servings of regular crackers.
- Dinner: Have two slices of meat, a cup of cabbage or broccoli, half a banana, half a cup of carrots, and half a cup of vanilla ice cream (normal size).
By the third day
- Breakfast: Have a cup of black tea or black coffee, five pieces of regular crackers, an apple, and an ounce of cheddar cheese.
- Lunch: Have a cup of black tea or black coffee, a hard-boiled egg, a piece of toast.
- Dinner: Have a cup of tuna, a cup of cauliflower, a cup of carrots, a cup of cantaloupe, and a half cup of plain vanilla ice cream.
Dieters, who consume the 3-Day Diet, along with prescribed foods, drink more than 9 glasses of water or any other non-caloric beverage. Substitutes for any type of food cannot be used on this diet. No seasonings or flavors are allowed. However, you can include salt and pepper according to taste.
The magic force behind
Wondering how this diet helps you lose so much weight in such a short time? There is no written record of how the 3 Day Diet works to cleanse the system, burn fat, improve energy levels, and lower cholesterol. However, the way it works in weight loss is supposed to be as follows.
This unique combination of the specified foods works magically to create a particular type of metabolic reaction in your body. Certain types of chemicals in these foods are believed to improve your metabolism and burn fat at a faster rate than is normally burned.
Returning to the normal diet style after these 3 days of dieting is to prevent your system from slowing down your metabolism, re-storing fat, and preventing you from starving. As long as you alternate this 3-Day Diet with 4-5 days of normal diet, you can do countless days of this type of diet.
The downsides of the 3-day diet plan
- The diet is very low in carbohydrates. Since carbohydrates are responsible for retaining water, the weight loss is initially due to cutting carbohydrates from your diet. So once you get back to your normal eating habits, you tend to regain the lost weight.
- The diet does not offer you the nutrition that your body needs.
- The diet is very monotonous so dieters tend to love their old eating habits more and therefore return to it once again. So, in most cases, the resolution to lose weight is left in the middle.
- The belief that the 3 Day Diet works due to a unique metabolic reaction is not based on a solid foundation.
- The weight loss achieved is also due to the severity of the caloric restriction that is not good for health.
- Since this diet involves eliminating a lot of calories, you would need to take time off from work for these three days.
- If you have a regular exercise program, you should restrict your exercise to the minimum possible, as you will experience lower energy levels. And this can make it difficult for you to slip out of the tract and get back to your normal routine.
- Rapid weight loss is not permanent and you will likely regain the lost weight soon.
- The fad diet can starve your body.
Although the diet plan recommends a strict diet, it is best to stop if you feel very dizzy or too tired. Take care of yourself.